Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Super Cool






I guess there is an advantage to playing the waiting game at home on maternity leave, and that's being able to have a bit more time for crafting (in between naps and being a SAHM again that is!). This 6x6" page allowed me to play along with two challenge blogs I love but have not had the time or energy to play along with for SO long - Just Add Ink and Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.



This page is for Paul and I used the lovely cool colours of this week's JAI challenge to complement the "Super Cool" title and the layout from SSSC was perfect - thanks! I love this photo of Paul and Luana. They were playing around with their sunnies one day, being "Super Cool", hence the title!





I kept it quite simple - I don't like 'crowding' my little pages and the sparkly thickers accents worked well I think. I Italicwas thinking there needed to be something in the bottom left corner, but after a few days, I think I'm happy with how it is... After all, a very wise crafter once said "if you keep fussing with a project, leave it!" (thanks Karen G!).



Have to do the preschool run in a bit, but hopefully I'll get a bit more done at my craft desk before then.




Thanks for visiting!






Stamps: Tidy Alphabet (retired)

Card: Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz Patterns DSP, Whisper White

Ink: Perfect Plum, Baja Breeze

Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Thickers Alphas (non-SU), paper piercer

4 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Your words say it all - "Super cool".

Nikki Spencer said...

Cute layout Natasha, great use of the JAI colours, thanks for playing!

Jodene said...

This is a 'super cool' layout Natasha :)

KimB said...

Hi Natasha,
super cool was a great title for this - and I love that sparkly first letter. You've captured a lovely fun family momment.
Kim